Johnnys Marine Sales And Service - Dishonest Mechanic Johnny Murray

Do not give Johnny's Marine Sales and Service a deposit to repair your boat!A reputable company will not ask for a deposit.

I took my boat in for a new motor and he kept trying to sell me a rebuilt motor. At the least, I would have considered a new long block from the factory. after many excuses and several months of why he couldnt get to my boat ( he was not authorized by Mercruiser) he showed me a rusty block that came out of a boat that was under water and told me he was going to rebuild my engine with it. I said absolutely not!

its not what I wanted. I asked him to refund my money and I would take it somewhere else to get the work done, keep in mind he had my boat for six months when he told me originally that I could have it back in 2 weeks. He refused to give me my money back. and I had to call the police to get my boat back.

My attorney tried to reason with him.

he only offered a fraction of the 4,000.00 deposit that I gave him.I will be seeking a full refund plus court cost and damages in court.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #762592 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Johnnys Marine Sales And Service? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

1 day ago #1231193 Smithfield, North Carolina

You guys did not know that he scours old boatyards and old forgotten boats for parts? Johnny is a leprechaun of sorts. He turns junk into gold-cash that is. Well known for the Johnny engine in these here parts. A grinder, some paint thinner, a sandblaster, and-presto. Perhaps a crankshaft or head or two but otherwise after the krylon she's NEW. Just drive or sail away without asking any (or two many) questions and she runs for awhile. Patchwork and bandaids are his tools of the trade. And a six pack of beer and he gets references-from his pals. Smart huh?
That's Johnny Murray's Marine legacy.

1 0 Reply

2 days ago #1230927 Riverview, Florida

His marine engines are out of old cars and he sandblasts and paints them. He has no mercruiser account. There is no OEM warranty at Johnny's Marine in Charleston. Only lies. Like others are writing I too found out the hard way. Won't be dealing with crooked Johnny Murray any longer. He should be in jail.

2 0 Reply
Ray Moniker9

Oct 18 #1228945 Smithfield, North Carolina

Flim Flam Johnny. Beware of Mr. Murray. He is a fast talking *** artist that talks pitifully about being down on his luck. There are reasons for this.
Buyer beware when Flim Flam Johnny is there.

3 0 Reply
Ray Moniker9

Oct 18 #1228918 Smithfield, North Carolina

Not surprised. He seemed like a reputable guy when I did business with him, that is until I caught him. He sold me a boat with a "factory reman long block" which when I had a problem and asked where he purchasedfor warranty issues, he began back-peddling and claiming he would give me a warranty himself. He had misrepresented the engine and it was clearly one he had rebuilt and repainted. Exactly how far he rebuilt it I cannot say. He could not produce receipts. I strongly believe he only freshened up an older engine. He is a fraud. Do business with him at your own peril.

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Johnnys Marine Sales And Service. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Johnnys Marine Sales And Service.
Filing a new complaint about